Monday, March 29, 2010

Peregrina's Poem

I just happened to visit Peregrina.  I don't read her blog regularly but every time I go there I find myself lingering, soaking up her words of wisdom.  It looks to me like she has stopped posting for a while.  I'm not quite sure what that is about.  I sure wish she'd publish a book because I'd snap that up in a second.  Anyway, this little poem just struck me tonight.  I think we'll use this one for our next dictation exercise and even memorize.

Let me be a little kinder,
Let me be a little blinder
To the faults of those about me;
Let me praise a little more;
Let me be, when I am weary,
Just a little bit more cheery;
Let me serve a little better
Those that I am striving for.

Let me be a little braver
When temptation bids me waver;
Let me strive a little harder
To be all that I should be;
Let me be a little meeker
With the brother that is weaker;
Let me think more of my neighbor
And a little less of me.
~ Author Unknown

1 comment:

Isabel said...

Peregrina is a great site. I don't think I've visited there before. Glad you shared. We will most likely use this poem for our oral presentations next month. I noticed you're reading an Elsie book. We just purchased book 1 , 2 and a companion bible study book (Fruit of the Spirit bible study for book 1 & 2) Have you seen that? We haven't started yet but I was thinking of doing it w/ my oldest this summer. I wasn't sure if I should add my 6yr old or not. How are you liking it? Are you reading it with both girls? Hope you're doing well :)
Isabel