Friday, August 21, 2009

Have I told you lately that I love you....

Have I told you lately that I love you
Have I told you there's no one else above you
Fill my heart with gladness
take away all my sadness
ease my troubles that's what you do

For the morning sun in all it's glory
greets the day with hope and comfort too
You fill my life with laughter
and somehow you make it better
ease my troubles that's what you do
There's a love that's divine
and it's yours and it's mine like the sun
And at the end of the day
we should give thanks and pray
to the One, to the One


I recently heard on K-Love (Caleb - as Little Bit calls it) that this song sang by Van Morrison and Rod Stewart was originally written as a prayer. I think that is very cool. Anyway, have I told you lately how much I love My Father's World?

Here are our Friday boxes (should be Thu but we started on Tue this week).

Box #1
Both girls got the same thing in their first drawers - brownie mix.
How cool is that? Brownie Mix in a workbox drawer!!! I love it.
We will make brownies, then ice them and pipe all of our family's names on them. We are going to take some to my grandmother and have lunch with her after school today. I'm thinking since footlong subs are $3.99 at Harris Teeter that sound like a good idea.


Box #2
Handwriting practice
A, B, a, b
print for Little Bit
cursive for Miss Priss



Box #3
Exploring American History, Timeline, Lief Ericson timeline piece and the most important part: tape to tape it down with. Separating the tape and the timeline will insure they HAVE to work together on that 'un.


Box #4
Lief Ericson narration/dictation/copywork activity
(both boxes are the same)

Box #5
Science
(Experiment to follow - I didn't really want to put raw eggs in their boxes)

Box #6
Addition cards to be used with a set of 0 - 9 number tiles
I found these lovely freebies from The School Bell. Great site with lots'o stuff.


6 comments:

WEB SHERIFF said...

WEB SHERIFF
Protecting Your Rights on the Internet
Tel 44-(0)208-323 8013
Fax 44-(0)208-323 8080
websheriff@websheriff.com
www.websheriff.com

Hi Ginger,

On behalf of Exile Productions, Exile Publishing, Exile Films and Lion Records, many thanks for plugging Van Morrison and, if you / your readers would like good quality, non-pirated previews from Van's latest album and DVD - "Astral Weeks Live at the Hollywood Bowl" - then footage of “Sweet Thing” from the Hollywood Bowl is available for fans to view and link to (ONLY please – not for embedding) at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BYvoH2_XuA. Up-to-the-minute news on the “Astral Weeks Live” album and film releases and Van’s 2009 shows is, of course, available on www.vanmorrison.com and www.myspace.com/vanmorrison. An increasing archive of exclusive film footage of Van Morrison performances is also available for fans and YouTubers on Exile’s official channel at http://uk.youtube.com/user/OfficialExileFilms ... .. and keep an eye on these official sources for details of further preview material and on-line promotions.

Thanks again for your plug.

Regards,

WEB SHERIFF

Jolanthe said...

Love those math sheets! Off to check them out!

Mommy K said...

BTW, I haven't been able to successfully add you to my blog roll. It always takes me to a different page....??

As far as the MOTH schedule goes, the book is helpful to see many other homeschool and chore schedules and if you aren't a naturally organized person, how to organize your time. I enjoyed the book and read it in one day. I do think it might be necessary to use as I have multiple children homeschooling and they have more independent work. You can usually look at it from the library, but they won't have the pages to help you put together your own. You can do it on a spreadsheet though.

Anonymous said...

Ooh! I like your addition cards! I'm enjoying your blog as I will be starting a modified Adventures program for my littles! Thanks for showing us those great Math cards! I've saved them and will use some number tiles that we had with our 100 Chart for them. Neat!

Mommy K said...

Question: Do you really feel like workboxes help you, as opposed to give you extra work? I've seen so many people move to this system and I don't quite get it yet. I could have all my MFW books on a shelf and get them when I want to read them rather than put them in a box everyday. I can have all my activities set aside organized well so when I want an activity for them they are easily accessible. So, I guess I'm just not understanding why it seems so many people are going toward this system that seems like more work than usual. I guess if I had a lot of indep work for my children I would find it useful...but then I would prob just have a checklist and a pile of stuff on the table and let them do what they wanted in whatever order. Just wondering if I'm missing something about the system.... ?? Thanks!

Ginger said...

MommyK,
I think it is a matter of "picking your battles". I find that the workboxes are a little bit more pain for me to fill but then when I think about the flow of our day I realize it was worth it. It is like it is a physical reminder of what is to be done. Something I think kids (and even adults) do better with. Do you have Sue's book? I HIGHLY recommend it. It is more than just boxes and filling boxes but a whole system and mentality. You won't be disappointed in her book, I'm almost certain.

HTH,
Ginger